Protect Your Tires, LLC is an authorized manufacturer’s representative of Inovex Industries, Inc., makers of Ride-On® tire protection products. Ride-On® is a gel containing fibers six times stronger than steel which adheres to the inside of tires. This product is a result of almost two decades of research and rigorous field testing in eighteen countries all over the world. Ride-On® comes in multiple formulations designed for specific vehicle types and applications.
Ride-On® formulas provide multiple benefits to all vehicle fleet types including:
- Increase tire life by up to 25% or more (through air pressure maintenance and balancing).
- Maintain set-point tire pressures 3 to 4 times longer (by helping to reduce porosity loss).
- Make tires virtually impervious to flats (by reducing tire-related road failures by 85 to 95%).
- Balance tire/wheel assemblies (by acting as a hydrodynamic tire balancer).
- Plus, Ride-On® can help your fleet reduce fuel consumption between 1-3%!
Here are some important tire facts you should know:
- The Tire Maintenance Council road debris study confirmed that under inflation due to road hazards or poor maintenance resulted in almost 90% of tire failures.
- A tire can lose from 1-3 PSI air pressure per month due to porosity air losses.
- A tire that is 10% under inflated can wear up to 15% faster.
- A good rule of thumb is that every 10 PSI reduction in overall tire inflation results in about a one percent reduction in miles per gallon.
- According to the US Department of Transportation, flat tires are the number one cause of vehicle breakdowns.
- The US DOT also estimates that Americans could save 5.4 million gallons of fuel per day if all tires were kept properly inflated.